Cat Valentine (Ariana Grande) is one of the main characters in Victorious.
Cat is mostly always hyper, and is very rarely in a bad mood. As an example, in Survival Of The Hottest she says, "I'm really hot... but I'm still in a good mood!', proving that she is very optimistic and positive about most everything. In Robbie's song, Robbie's Big Toe, and on a few other occasions throughout the series, she is said to be bipolar. Most fans don't think so, though, because her lack of a depressed attitude would suggest otherwise. It would be more suited that she has ADHD, schizotypal personality disorder (characterized by odd thinking or behavior), or dependent personality disorder (where anindividual looks to others to make decisions, maintains youthful impressions and acts childlike towards people who they view as powerful and strong). She is clearly very hyper and other traits, such as being easily distracted and making random comments constantly, could tie into it. It is possible that she is just very random, excitable, and maybe a little insecure, which sometimes comes in handy. She stated in a Slap video that her mom was a competitive breath holder while she was pregnant with her, which the many baffled doctors her family has visited state as a possible reason as to why she is the way she is. She also seems to have a good sense of humor, though she often thinks you mean something offensive until
you clarify it with her. Her catchphrase is "What's that supposed to mean!?" because she gets offended easily. (This is exactly like Misty from Moody's Point, a parody of a teen drama/soap opera from the Amanda Show.) Cat's hair color is a maroon color. It is meant to resemble a red velvet cupcake, her favorite food. Ariana Grande dyed her hair at Dan Schneider's request, to avoid having a cast of only brunettes. While Cat is very friendly, her sensitivity, energy and unusual thought processes make her somewhat difficult to be around. Part of the dynamic she has with other characters is that they need to walk on eggshells around her, or else they risk getting her upset. Throughout the series, they fail to do so multiple times – although in fairness, Cat doesn't make it easy.
Cat is also very flirtatious and boy-crazy, as seen in the episode Survival Of The Hottest, when she abandons her friends to hang out with and flirt with four cute boys. She first meets the boys by coming over to them and telling them that she thinks the music they are listening to is 'really cool'. One of her flirting techniques throughout the episode is to poke the boys in the stomach, around the belly button. Cat seemed to enjoy spending time with the boys and showed her naive nature when they kept convincing her to stay when she wanted to get back to her friends.
Click here for Cat's gallery!
- In "Survival Of The Hottest", André states that Cat weighs "only, like, 90 pounds". He might have been exaggerating, but considering her height of 5 ft 2, this may not be too much of a stretch.
- It has been stated twice that Cat's character is bipolar, but it is not likely.
- The first known product she bought from SkyStore was a fake (and poisonous) snow-making machine. Other products she has purchased include the Ball Freshener and The World's Thinnest Tennis Racket, among others.
- She still eats baby food.
- She enjoys Sunday afternoon naps.
- She states in the Pilot that she loves cats. Coincidentally, the actress portraying her, Ariana Grande, is allergic to cats.
- Cat has naturally curly hair, as revealed in the Pilot. It might have just been curled for the episode instead of being natural, though.
- Like Ariana Grande, the girl who portrays Cat, Cat has also died her hair. Cat has never said it is a natural color.
- In the episode Robarazzi, it is hinted that two of her uncles are gay when she says, "I went to visit my uncle and uncle in San Francisco." This was mentioned by Dan Schneider on his blog, but people can look at it in another way, that is more kid friendly.
- Her screen name is HappyCat.
- She says that her name is short for Caterina, though her grandmother is the only one who calls her that.
- Dan Schneider revealed in an interview that Cat's middle name is Hannah.
- Her grandmother is said to make really good fudge.
- Cat is the only main character who has punched someone in the face on-screen for real and not as part of a play. (See Cat's New Boyfriend)
- According to her video profile, her favorite foods are cupcakes, noodles, candies, and potatoes.
- Cat often mentions her brother. It is implied that he is just as weird as she is, if not weirder. He has been arrested multiple times according to TheSlap.com. It is also confirmed sometimes how her brother gets injured.
- It has not been confirmed yet if Cat only has one brother or more than one brother as she only says "My brother...", which could imply that she has more then 1, but refers to them all as "my brother".
- Cat refuses to use "dirty" words. (See Tori The Zombie.)
- If you look at Cat's Screen in Wi-Fi In The Sky, it shows the site of SkyStore, meaning she is still buying from SkyStore.
- Cat's hair is the color of red velvet cupcakes. This is because she loves to eat red velvet cupcakes.
- Cat says in Cat's Random Thoughts that she is allergic to nuts. However, one of her statuses later on TheSlap reads "Almonds are a girl's best friend", which may mean that she is only slightly allergic or is only allergic to certain types of nuts. Or she could really be allergic to almonds, because she was misquoting the phrase, "Diamonds are a girl's best friend," because she didn't know it was "diamonds" instead of "almonds."
- Her brother was said to eat many strange things, including her charm bracelet. Cat gets nervous when he eats things that aren't food.
- She can use her toes to scratch her nose.
- Cat's catchphrase, "What's that supposed to mean?", often said at the strangest times, was also said by Misty in Moody's Point, a sketch on the Schneider show The Amanda Show. Interestingly, Misty had curly hair, and when Cat first says this she has curly hair.
- Cat says that she hates helmets.
- Her name could be a reference to the actress and singer Caterina Valente.
- Cat is an unnatural redhead with brown eyes.
- Ariana Grande has to heighten her voice significantly to play Cat.
- Cat loves mass texting (see A Film By Dale Squires).
- In the episode "Survival of the Hottest", Cat is shown to have a hot pink bandeau bikini.
- Cat says that she loves elderly people, and thinks it's "so cute" how they shake when the pour their juice.
- Cat has a talent for knowing people's exact clothing measurements.
- She has made herself many outfits for her Costume Design class, including a Sikowitz costume, Little Bo Peep, a spy, and a superhero costume.
- Cat posted on her Slap profile that she can not snap her fingers. However, she snaps her fingers when she remembers the name of sweet & sour sauce in Wok Star.
- Cat revealed on her Slap profile that she averages 407 text messages per day.
- According to her 'Cat Bash' poster, Cat has a crazy neighbor who throws things at people.
- In iParty With Victorious, Cat barely talked for the whole episode, and used a talking headband and a special app on her pear phone. This was because her vocal cords weren't working well. For mysterious reasons, though, she was able to sing at the end of the episode.
- Cat has a dog, according to Stage Fighting.
- Cat's favorite flavor of shaved ice is cherry, according to Survival Of The Hottest.
- On one of her The Slap video's someone asked what's wrong with her. She said that her parents took her to doctors, and there's a theory that her mom is a competitive breath-holder and she held her breath a lot when she was pregnant with Cat.
- Cat is a member of the prison gang, as she said in Locked Up.
- Also said in Locked Up, Cat loves mushrooms.